Here are the step-by-step ways to install QuickBooks Desktop 2019:
1. Buy QuickBooks Desktop 2019 (Premier or Pro).
If you have already bought it and downloaded it, proceed to step 2.
If you have not bought it yet and need to buy one, follow the product link below. Select the product you want to buy (Premier or Pro) and buy one directly from Intuit QuickBooks website.
NOTE: It’s HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BUYING THE PRODUCT (with one-time payment) instead of annual subscription. Annual subscription means you will have to pay for the subscription each year for the same program.
2. Select the QuickBooks executable file (e.g. QuickBooksPro2019.exe) found on your desktop. (or wherever you downloaded it to run the QuickBooks installation).
3. Select “Yes to All” if How do I update my data to a new version of QuickBooks Desktop? prompted to overwrite the existing extracted files.
4. Select Next to begin the installation.
5. Read the Software License Agreement. If you agree, select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next.
6. Enter your License number (15 digits) and Product number (6 digits), then select Next. Note If you have bought QuickBooks but can’t find these numbers, click “I can’t find these numbers” link below for more information.
7. Select the type of installation for the computer.
Express: Allows the installer to make the recommended choices for you, including replacing your previous version of QuickBooks if you have one.
Select the type of installation for the computer. Note: The Accountant Edition does not replace older years by default.
Custom and Network Options: Choose this if you will be using multiple versions of QuickBooks Desktop on the computer OR if you will use QuickBooks to share data with other users on a network.
Note: Click “Explain these choices in detail” link below for more information.
8. Select Install to continue, or choose Back if you need to go back and review any of the previous screens.
9. If any QuickBooks processes were running during the installation, the installer may ask you to restart your computer. Otherwise, select Open QuickBooks to get started!
10. After installation, activate QuickBooks and you’re all set. If you run into any problems, see Register QuickBooks Desktop link.
You may want to bookmark these sites or save it as a favorite for future reference.
Download QuickBooks Desktop
Move your company files to another computer
Register or activate QuickBooks Desktop