This summarizes the differences between QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks desktop versions (Pro, Premier, Enterprise Solutions)
- QuickBooks Online Edition offers anytime, anywhere access to QuickBooks for up to 25 simultaneous users, while QuickBooks desktop version offers Webex Remote Access as a solution for accessing QuickBooks from a remote location, but does not allow simultaneous access for multiple remote users.
- Online Edition upgrades are free and usually released 2 to 3 times per year; it is not necessary to purchase a new version of QuickBooks Online Edition. Desktop versions of QuickBooks are purchased as new software each year, although multiple free updates to the program are released throughout the supported life of the purchased software.
- Online Edition includes support is at no additional cost. Support for desktop versions of QuickBooks is not included for the life of the product.
- Online Edition Plus tracks inventory.
- Online Edition does not integrate with QuickBooks Point of Sale as desktop versions of QuickBooks do.
- Online Edition does not offer QuickBooks Bill Pay as but desktop versions of QuickBooks do.
- Online Edition does not do complete job costing, although it does track expenses by job. QuickBooks desktop versions offers complete job costing.
- Online Edition offers less flexibility with regard to customizing forms or reports than QuickBooks desktop versions.