If you would like to use the Online backup to restore the file to the new computer it would be best to restore the backup on the computer where you initially set-up the Online backup.
- Open Intuit Data Protect and click Restore from Backup.
- Select the date and time of the backup you want to restore, then select the file(s) and click Continue.
- Choose the location for the restored file and click Restore.
Once you have the backup on your desktop, you can save or copy this to a USB or external hard drive. Paste the backup on the new computer and restore it from their.
If you’re the QuickBooks administrator and have forgotten your password, or your QuickBooks administrator is no longer with your company and you don’t know the password, you can reset it using the QuickBooks Automated Password Reset tool.
Click here for instructions.
Question: How to register QuickBooks desktop version (Pro, Premier, Accountant) when I had to reload the software after a hard drive crash?
I was able to reload the software from the CDs and the software is working fine. However, the registrations process will not accept the License number and the Product number that I have from the purchase. I have triple checked the numbers and entered the info numerous times to no avail. I have even checked my info in my QuickBooks Account and they have the same info.
Answer: Per QuickBooks, you will need to perform the steps provided on this article : Re-create damaged EntitlementDataStore.ecml
Yes, you can install QB on the new computer. Per Intuit QuickBooks License agreement, you can use and install QuickBooks on the next computer provided that it is going to be used by the same user.
This summarizes the differences between QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks desktop versions (Pro, Premier, Enterprise Solutions)
- QuickBooks Online Edition offers anytime, anywhere access to QuickBooks for up to 25 simultaneous users, while QuickBooks desktop version offers Webex Remote Access as a solution for accessing QuickBooks from a remote location, but does not allow simultaneous access for multiple remote users.
- Online Edition upgrades are free and usually released 2 to 3 times per year; it is not necessary to purchase a new version of QuickBooks Online Edition. Desktop versions of QuickBooks are purchased as new software each year, although multiple free updates to the program are released throughout the supported life of the purchased software.
- Online Edition includes support is at no additional cost. Support for desktop versions of QuickBooks is not included for the life of the product.
- Online Edition Plus tracks inventory.
- Online Edition does not integrate with QuickBooks Point of Sale as desktop versions of QuickBooks do.
- Online Edition does not offer QuickBooks Bill Pay as but desktop versions of QuickBooks do.
- Online Edition does not do complete job costing, although it does track expenses by job. QuickBooks desktop versions offers complete job costing.
- Online Edition offers less flexibility with regard to customizing forms or reports than QuickBooks desktop versions.